Our seasonal mapping mats are a FUN way to engage your learners to listen for sounds (phonemes) in words, count the sounds in words, segment the sounds in words, map the sounds to letters (graphemes), and then blend the sounds to read the word! Wow!
Are you looking for an idea that can really help your learners:
- Develop their phonemic awareness skills
- Solidify the Alphabetic Principle
- Guide learners to use orthographic mapping
Then look no further!
Seasonal Mapping Mats
Use these mapping mats with all your learners at one time, with a small group, or just one-on-one to build vital reading and spelling skills.
Please Note: All of the mats in this pack are BLACKLINE ONLY.
In this pack, you’ll find:
- Why mapping mats are so effective at supporting our readers and spellers
- Ten blackline mapping mats for each season (autumn, winter, spring, summer; including holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and more!)
- Seasonal word lists (organized in a chart by the number of phonemes in each word)
- Ten bonus/anytime blackline mapping mats (with no seasonal theme included)
- Up to 4-phoneme mapping mats (blackline only)
- Up to 5-phoneme mapping mats (blackline only)
Here’s a quick picture tutorial on how to use our seasonal mapping mats:
- Call a word for learners. (top left image)
- Learners then count the sounds (or phonemes) in each word. (top right image) For example, bat has three sounds or phonemes.
- Once they’ve counted the sounds, learners drag the counters down into the boxes. (bottom left image)
- Last, learners move each counter at a time, starting with the first counter, to write the letters that represent each sound. (bottom right image)
Check out the preview HERE.
$2.00Add to cart
Grab a copy from my shop ~ Be sure you have a free account before you check out so you can login and download it whenever you want!