Reading the Alphabet was designed based on my experience with teaching emergent and struggling readers as well as my graduate studies of what young readers need to be successful readers. Reading the Alphabet is also hands-on and FUN!
Reading the Alphabet Targets these Reading/Math Skills:
- recognizing and making rhymes
- counting and blending syllables
- phonics and phonemic awareness, applied to reading
- beginning sight words (26 beginning sight words are introduced, one with each letter)
- print awareness
- matching voice to print
- reading and sounding out simple CVC words such as mat, hot, or bug
- fine motor skills, such as lacing, tracing, and cutting
- beginning handwriting for upper and lower case letters
- one-to-one correspondence
- number recognition 1-20
- making patterns
- addition and subtraction through story play
Reading the Alphabet may be right for your learners if you answer “YES” to any of these questions:
- Do your learners know most of their letters?
- Do your learners know many of their letter sounds?
- Do your learners have another year to two before they start Kindergarten?
- Do you teach learners with special needs and looking for a reading curriculum that moves at a deeper and slower pace?
Click HERE or on the image above to see the preview.
$35.00Add to cart
*Please do not use hotmail or aol email addresses, as these older email servers cannot support the download links.