Are your little learners ready for some hands-on nursery rhymes activities? Then, look no further!
This pack is FULL of activities for ELEVEN different nursery rhymes!
Hands-On Nursery Rhymes Activities
Nursery rhymes are a great tool to introduce young learners to the rhythm and rhyming of language.
Of course, it’s fun to have a few extra hands-on activities to get them thinking about other important learning skills such as rhyming, simple comprehension, retelling, print awareness, fine motor skills, letter recognition, recognizing and continuing patterns, one-to-one correspondence, and number recognition. That’s what you’ll find in this comprehensive pack!
ELEVEN nursery rhymes are represented including:
- Jack and Jill
- Hey Diddle, Diddle
- Hickory Dickory Dock
- Humpty Dumpty
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- The Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Baa, Baa, Black Sheep
- Little Miss Muffet
- Mary Had a Little Lamb
- Once I Caught a Fish Alive
- Little Boy Blue
20+ color and blackline activities are included for every nursery rhyme. Also included is a 5-day lesson plan outline you can apply to each nursery rhyme in the pack.
1. One-Page “Poster” – Use this poster to introduce the rhyme. The bigger size allows more learners to see it. You can also post it on a wall where learners can re-read it.
2. Fold & Read Books – Learners can use the pictures and words to say the rhyme and may also color the simple pictures.
3. Nursery Rhyme Retelling Cards – Use them for sequencing the nursery rhyme! They will fit in a pocket chart or can be used on a tabletop or carpet area as you put the rhyme in order.
4. Say & Play Mat – Learners can use the cut-outs to act out the story on the mat.
5. Just Glue Four Comprehension Activity – Use this activity for simple comprehension. Repeat the nursery rhyme and glue only the four pictures that match the rhyme.
6. Cut & Paste Print Awareness – This activity helps learners be more aware of print concepts such as letters, words, sentences, left to right direction, return sweep, capital letters, and punctuation.
7. Just Circle It Shadow Matching – This activity is GREAT for visual recognition, which is an integral part of letter recognition!
8. Rhyming Words Write the Room – Based off a popular free printable on my blog, kids will want to play this one again and again.
9. Rhyming Words Puzzle – Cut up the puzzle and then work it together, focusing on the main rhyming words from the nursery rhyme.
10. Just Trace It! Pages (3 Levels) – Learners trace the lines on each page. To make it reusable, slip into a plastic sleeve protector and use a dry erase marker.
Check out our FREE SAMPLE, which you can download in this blog post.
11. Uppercase Alphabet Dot Pages – Use these dot pages with the uppercase letter cards in the file. Learners can also do this activity without the letter cards, too. Directions are in the PDF for this adaptation.
12. Lowercase Alphabet Dot Pages – This activity can be completed like the “Uppercase Alphabet Dot Pages” (Activity #11).
13. Nursery Rhyme 20-Grid – Use this simple grid game to work on matching die patterns to numbers, one-to-one correspondence as learners roll and count, directionality for reading, and return sweep.
14. Roll & Dot for One Die (2 Levels) – Learners roll one die, identify the number of dots, find the die (or number) on their page, and dot it.
15. Roll & Dot for Numbers 1-10 & Numbers 11-20 – These pages can be completed like the “Uppercase Alphabet Dot Pages” (Activity #11).
16. Finish the ABAB Pattern – Cut out the cards at the bottom and learners can finish the ABAB patterns. One extra card is included for an extra challenge.
17. Just Dot It Page – Repeat the rhyme together while learners dot the page. (For learners who love dot paint!)
18. Just Color It Page – Repeat the rhyme together while learners color the page.
19. Just Trace It Page – Repeat the rhyme together while learners trace the words. (For learners who want to trace like the “big” kids.)
20. Even MORE Hands-on Activities – More hands-on activities are included here so you can extend learning. (Most activity pages feature 4-6 extra activities.)
Are you ready to snag your copy?
$18.00Add to cart
Grab a copy from my shop by clicking “Add to Cart” ~ Be sure you have a free account before you check out so you can login and download it whenever you want!
You May Also Like…